Saturday, April 20, 2013



















(Impri Lue, Douglas Martin, 1974-75)

#109
I need more than thirty minutes to browse around the museum! I am glad I brought my iPad so I can take some photographs. I really found myself drawn to some of the pieces. I've lived here my whole life but I still find the photos of the plains to be the most breathtaking of all! And I'm still attracted to large paintings that look like Jackson Pollack wannabes. I love the texture of the paint. It is just so much fun to be absorbed in a painting and the fascination of color choice and the manipulation of the paint. Why did the painter add a bit of bright brick red in the lower left hand corner, looking like blood in a sea of various shades of blue and beige?


excerpt from writing marathon...
catherinenglish 04-20-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment