Sunday, January 13, 2013


#13

--Dedicated to all of my teacher friends

If Sunday is a day of rest, I don't grasp the concept,
because since 11:00 a.m. I've read and responded
to eleven creative writing students,
washed a load of clothes,
figured up points for speech team members,
filed their ballots in our handy dandy box,
printed results and posted them on my bulletin board,
met with Miss Klawonn from 4:00-6:00 p.m. to discuss
a fellowship opportunity
(Europe this summer--fingers crossed!)
wrote seven letters of recommendation
(one hour of rest for "Downton Abbey")
and now I will write a narrative for that fellowship 
in 16, 500 characters,
and then grade twenty-two essays focused on an 
important person in my students' lives.
(Did I mention it was 10:01 p.m.?)



catherinenglish 01-13-2013


No comments:

Post a Comment